Technician (m/f) Snaaskerke-Gistel (Belgium)
Nails of Flanders is part of the PGS Group and is active in the production and trade of nails in all sizes and models. Due to further expansion of our machinery, we are looking for a: Technician.
Download the job sheet of this vacancy here.
What tasks will you perform?
- You are responsible for managing a team of operators (1 team consists of 3 to 5 operators). There are 2 teams (late and early shift).
- You are responsible for the daily maintenance of the various Enkotec nail making machines (every 20 to 50 working hours the machines need to be serviced).
- 90% of the time you work as a mechanic and 10% of the time as an operator.
- Through your involvement, our 7 nailing machines reach their maximum performance.
- You are able to work with a torque wrench and a caliper digital CAD150CDH (150 mm).
- You make use of manuals that guide you in case of standstills or repairs. These are available in Dutch and English, some on paper and some via tablet.
- You are responsible for setting and adjusting the machines.
- You will support your team of operators with the loading and unloading of production goods (such as moving coils with an overhead crane). You see work and give them a helping hand.
- You control the quality of the products.
- You report to the Plant Manager
Who are we looking for?
- You have a degree in Mechanics. We provide an internal and extensive training of the nail machines. Some years of experience as a mechanic is a benefit.
- You are safety and quality minded.
- You project the values of PGS: hands-on, respect and result-oriented
- You give high priority to safety, order & cleanliness and teamwork.
- You are willing to work in 2 shifts.
- You are disciplined and independent.
- You speak Dutch and English.
- Being in possession of a forklift- and an overhead crane certificate is a plus.
Who are we?
The PGS Group has been active within the wood packaging industry for 30 years. PGS stands for Palettes Gestion Services and was founded in France in the year 1993. PGS started with the repair and sale of second hand pallets and currently trades in both second hand and new pallets.
Nails Of Flanders
Nails of Flanders is our own producer of nails. The nail factory has a capacity of 12,000 tons of nails per year in various shapes and sizes. The machine park has 7 machines that produce 24 types of nails, suitable for the manufacture of pallets. Every minute 1,500 to 1,800 nails are made.
In our factory we work with Enkotec nail making machines. Via this link you can find more information and a video of our machines!
What’s in for you?
- In addition to an attractive salary, you will also enjoy various extralegal benefits.
- The eduction offered will give you the opportunity for further professional growth.
- Since we are active in 8 countries you will have the opportunity to work in an international environment.
- You will be working in a company where enormous importance is attached to safety and health of employees.
- Your place of employment is in Snaaskerke, Steenovenstraat 9. By the end of 2022. we plan to move to our new site in Ostend.
- Paritary committee: 111.025
- Shift system: 2 shifts
Nails of Flanders
Steenovenstraat 9 - 8470 Snaaskerke (Belgium)