Support Engineer IT (m/f) Snaaskerke-Gistel (Belgium)
Support Services organizes, supports and optimizes production processes in the widest meaning of the word. This includes IT activities such as designing & programming computer programs, developing and commercializing them. Due to further expansion, we are looking for a: Support Engineer IT.
Download the job sheet of this vacancy here.
What tasks will you perform?
- You are responsible for the installation of new IT infrastructure, you install PCs, smartphones, printers, ... with the internal customer.
- You are in charge of the infrastructure (servers, PCs, laptops, firewalls, anti-virus, ...) and password management.
- You are responsible for problem and failure resolution. Your "customers" are fellow employees from all sites within PGS Group
- You will report to the System Engineer.
- Time distribution of the different fields: 40% support, 40% installation of new systems, 20% assisting with IT projects.
Who are we looking for?
- You have relevant work experience and/or knowledge of ICT Network Management.
- You are communicative, a team player, solution-oriented and willing to learn.
- You have a general knowledge of storage, backup, anti-virus, firewalls, etc.
- You are passionate and closely follow the latest technologies.
- You have knowledge of Windows server and Windows 10/11 software systems.
- You have knowledge of applications including MS Office. Knowledge of cloud platforms such as Azure is an advantage.
- You can deal with the following problems: speed and internet connections, Office problems, forgetting passwords, managing mail traffic and problems with VPN connections.
Who are we?
The PGS Group has been active within the wood packaging industry for 30 years. PGS stands for Palettes Gestion Services and was founded in France in the year 1993. PGS started with the repair and sale of second hand pallets and currently trades in both second hand and new pallets.
Support Services organizes, supports and optimizes production processes in the widest meaning of the word. This includes IT activities such as designing & programming computer programs, developing and commercializing them. An important client is PGS GROUP.
What’s in for you?
- In addition to an attractive salary, you will also enjoy various extralegal benefits.
- The eduction offered will give you the opportunity for further professional growth.
- Since we are active in 8 countries you will have the opportunity to work in an international environment.
- You will be working in a company where enormous importance is attached to safety and health of employees.
- Your place of employment will be temporarily in Oostkamp, Legeweg 165. From 01.2023 (approximately) you will move with us to our headquarters located in 8470 Gistel, Torhoutse Baan 1. You will be able to reach our new office easily by public transport: bus lines 50 (Oostende - Meiboom - Gistel), 51 (Oostende - Gistel - Torhout) and 52 (Brugge - Gistel - Oostende).
- Paritary committee: 200
- Schedule: full-time. You will work during the day and from Monday through Friday.
Noordlaan 12 - 9200 Dendermonde (Belgium)