Operator deck machine (m/f) Poperinge (Belgium)
PGS Group has been active in the wood packaging industry for 30 years. Due to further expansion we are looking for a: Operator deck machine
Download the job sheet of this vacancy here.
What tasks will you perform?
- You will operate an automated deck machine. A deck is the wooden top of a wooden pallet consisting of a series of boards nailed together.
- You study the technical sheet. This sheet contains a drawing of the deck, the raw materials you need to make the deck (type and number of wooden planks, type and number of nails, ...), the number of decks to be produced, the dimensions of the deck (height, length, width), ....
- Next, you set up the appropriate production program (electronically).
- If necessary you adjust the machine (mechanically). This way you need to loosen bolts, move guides,... to do this you use wrenches.
- You replenish shelves and nails and you solve simple malfunctions, such as removing broken shelves or blocking nails. Because of your intervention, there are no standstills during the production process of the decks.
- Mechanical or electrical failures are resolved by a mechanic.
- You check the finished products for quality (are the dimensions & location of the boards correct, are the nails attached correctly, were the decks stacked nicely so that there are no logistical problems, ...).
Who are we looking for?
- You can correctly interpret a production drawing.
- You have a sense of dimensions (height, width, length).
- You can set up a production program via a touch screen.
- You can twist bolts with wrenches and set dimensions correctly.
- You understand French, Italian, or English, as the manuals of the lid machines are written in French, Italian or English.
- You are willing to work in a 2 shift system (early and late).
Who are we?
The PGS Group has been active within the wood packaging industry for 30 years. PGS stands for Palettes Gestion Services and was founded in France in the year 1993. PGS started with the repair and sale of second hand pallets and currently trades in both second hand and new pallets.
PGS De Backer Pallets nv
PGS De Backer Pallets nv is part of PGS Group. PGS De Backer Pallets nv is situated in Poperinge and is active in the production of new pallets.
What’s in for you?
- In addition to an attractive salary, you will also enjoy various extralegal benefits.
- The eduction offered will give you the opportunity for further professional growth.
- Since we are active in 8 countries you will have the opportunity to work in an international environment.
- You will be working in a company where enormous importance is attached to safety and health of employees.
- Your place of employment is in Poperinge, Sint-Jansstraat 19 (Belgium)
- Paritary committee: 126
- Shift system: early, late or night
PGS De Backer Pallets nv
Sint-Jansstraat 19, Poperinge (Belgium)
BTW BE 0426 292 630